Monday 23 February 2015

Update...

Just finished speaking on Skype with Paula, Dani, Tina and Holly and I found it very helpful.  It was useful to have some questions answered and share with each other where we are at the moment with ideas and directions for our inquiries.

I have been doing a lot of thinking this week about the direction I want to go with my inquiry and the idea of "Rejection" has stood out to me.  I feel it is such a massive part of a dancers life and every dancer will experience it at some point in their career.  I am interested at looking into how it effects an individual psychologically and physically and also the different ways of coping with this topic.  

I feel not only will this be beneficial for me to know but it would also allow me to help others around me if I see they are struggling and it is getting them down.  I know people in the industry who have given up because they couldn't cope with it and others that use it as a way of fighting back and become stronger.  Everyone deals with it in their own way.  

I have always felt passionate about the idea that image is more important than talent in the dance industry as it is such a visual art and I feel I can still explore this under the topic of rejection.  Rejection in extreme cases can cause depression and also eating disorders and this will be interesting to explore under psychological and physical effects it can have.  

The next stage for me now is to find different types of literature as discussed in the skype call earlier. 

Below are some interesting quotes for me to think about:

  















I would love to get some feedback from some other B.A.P.P students about this inquiry topic or if anyone is thinking of going down a similar route so I can add you to my SIG group.

Sian x

No comments:

Post a Comment